Maple relocated his painting business from Princeton's Cedar Grove neighborhood to 20 Chestnut
Street around 1912.
By 1925 he had opened a
retail paint and decorating store at 136 Nassau Street which relocated to 170
Nassau Street in 1926 before settling at the current location of 200 Nassau
Street in 1928.
The name was changed around
1946/47 to Morris Maple & Son.
In 1968 J. V. Skillman, a
local painting contractor purchased the store which he operated until the
current proprietor, Mike Skillman took the reins from his father in 1987.